I talk to people about homeopathy practically every day. I find that, if they’ve heard of homeopathy at all, most folks have some vague idea of homeopathy as maybe similar to herbal medicine, but attempting to comprehend the system is more often than not, like putting a square peg in a round hole for many. So I thought this is a good time as any to do this introductory class. If the idea is providing health care options that allow the possibility of resilience and sustainability, Transition Albany Health must cover homeopathy. At the very least, the use of homeopathy in first aid. But before we could offer the Homeopathy in First Aid series, we need to properly introduce you to homeopathy.
So what do you know about homeopathy?
- Briefly explore and discuss how homeopathy is similar to and different from conventional medicine, herbal medicine, Chinese medicine, Ayurveda & Folk medicine, among others.
- Why homeopathy boggles the mind. (Boggle meaning: confuse, alarm, baffle, bewilder, puzzle)
- Brief overview of homeopathy, including:
- History (Hear the fascinating story!)
- The healing principles guiding the practice (the science)
- The medicines (What and how they’re prepared)
- The Art (Why your homeopath asks some strange sounding questions!)
- Classical homeopathy (what does that mean?)
- Safe, Affordable, Sustainable