THE GILL TRACT COMMUNITY FARM
- Is a collaborative partnership between several local community groups and UC Berkeley (location and hours on the back)
- Is an urban farm where you can come and harvest food for yourself and your family in exchange for help with weeding, planting, and watering
- aims to supply fresh organic food to anyone who lacks access to it in our East Bay communities
- Is one of the increasing number of urban agriculture and alternative sustainable food systems worldwide that exist to develop innovative local solutions to social, environmental and economic injustices.
- Is such fun to visit – an oasis of growing things in an urban jungle…
Community members are working with representatives of UC Berkeley’s College of Natural Resources to create a stewardship council that will jointly govern the land, as we learn about, research, and address food needs in the East Bay region and beyond. You are welcome to get involved at any level.
Go to www.gilltractfarm.wordpress.com if you’re interested in joining a working group or the governance council, or simply come and join us during our open hours (see below).
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE GILL TRACT COMMUNITY FARM is located on the corner of Marin and San Pablo Avenues in Albany.
Enter on San Pablo Avenue or Jackson Street
SUMMER OPEN HOURS:
Sunday 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm (one-hour farm meeting at 11 am)
Monday 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Tuesday 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Wednesday 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Thursday 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
OUR FARMSTAND IS OPEN SUNDAY AFTERNOONS – 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Come by San Pablo Avenue just south of Marin Ave at the farm gate
Produce available for whatever you can afford, or free!